The post is made in reaction to an Air Force Times story detailing a recent modification at the Air Force Academy, giving a "sacred space" to so-called "pagans."
EOHH had this to say in response:
There seems to be various steps or progressions, not only in this particular subject, but in many others affecting our culture. The steps include, but are not limited to, the ones that I hastily put down below:
1. ''You are crazy for suggesting that something like that could ever happen around here.''
2. ''It's not that widespread, and it would cause more harm than good to outlaw it.''
3. ''A lot of good people, including some of my friends, participate in it.''
4. ''It's really not that bad.''
5. ''Those who oppose it are extremists who are worse than the problem itself.''
6. ''We need as a society to marginalize those who oppose it.''
7. ''We need to enact laws to prosecute and silence the bigots who oppose this.''
(Well, is your seat in the handbasket all comfy now?)