Friday, February 12, 2010

Former President Clinton Has Heart Surgery

It's all over the news; Former President William Jefferson Clinton had heart surgery last night. We wish him well and an early recovery.

Okay, okay. I'll speak honestly. Frankly, I can't stand the man, his politics, or the way he whored his way through eight years in the White House.

But. Still. He's out of office, and he's largely harmless now. And given his successor, I'm almost nostalgic for the 'good old days' when all we had to worry about was his taking credit for GOP successes in passing laws in the House.

And more important, I remember a conversation I had with a drunken, tear filled Bosnian businessman in 2002.

"I know you hate President Clinton, but I love him. I love him. He save my daughters, he save us, he end the war. I love Bill Clinton."

I disagreed with almost everything he did, but it's clear now that for all is faults, he DID end the war in Bosnia and brought peace there. And that is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep your meme clean. Thank you.